Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr. James Gates has agreed to be a moderator for us here on the Beartooth Bullets Shooter's Forum.  He will be moderating Wildcat Cartridges, Blackpowder Cartridges, Muzzle Loading, Shotgunning, Trading Post and Humor for us!

He brings to our enjoyment his vast background of a lifetime career in the firearms and ammunition industry, having worked in executive capacities with Winchester, and Smith and Wesson, and having worked closely with Fiocchi and Pedersoli both of Italy.

We are blessed to have him come aboard to help moderate these forums, and contribute his experience and broad array of knowledge in the shooting sports.

Many thanks to you Mr. Gates!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am humbled by the greatness that surrounds me (wink). Welcome James, I always enjoy your take on the issues here. We are blessed with your input.

Great to have you here

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
MT..Your humor is noted, however greatness is is only in the eyes of the beholder.
It's true I am one of the "oldies" in our great shooting fraternity and the younger shooters of today are doing things we did not dream of 40/50 years ago. I rember when a 3 minute rifle was great for hunting and a 1 minute rifle would win at Camp Perry. I built my first Wildcat rifle, a 257 Roberts Imp. in 1954. It still shoots good. We never dreamed of the anti-gun attitudes of today. It's true that I have spent most of my life in the industry, but also in engineering. I told Marshall, I would only be involved in those catagories that I felt qualified in. I do not believe anyone can be all things to all people. If there is any greatness here, it you, the forum. In those categories, I don't pretend to know it all..but I do know where "the bodies are buried" and recognize BS when I see it. I promise I will due everything in my power to contribute to you, the forum, and support Marshall, his policies, and programs. I am at your service.
Best Regards from The Hammock....James

·
Registered
192 Posts
James,

I'm certainly a young member of the shooting community. Many of the people I've shot with and learned from have children older than I am. So many of the younger shooters don't realize the history behind the guns and science of the industry and how much things have changed in just the last few years. Who would have ever thought the the great Colt name would fall from its place as a true icon in American firearms?

I cherish the knowledge gained from the "old timers" that have been gracious enough to share their knowledge with me.  Working in retail, I had the chance to share what I'd learned with both people new to the arena and add to the things that some of the seasoned vets thought they knew all about. This went hand in hand with the new things I'd learn everyday. The one thing about firearms and shooting is that there is always something else to learn. Maybe that's what I like most about them.

I hope that my children and theirs can enjoy the shooting sports without heavy handed control from the government or the "majority" that thinks it knows what's best for everyone.

·
Beartooth Regular
1,116 Posts
Mr. Gates,

The greatest lesson anyone can learn is to listen to those who came before, for they are the ones who made it all possible.

I intend to listen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts