Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
John,

I would'nt sweat the Accustock. Savages are well known for their accuracy regardless of the stock. I am sure you will poke tight little bug hole groups with that rifle.

The first rifle I ever bought myself when I was 16 years old was a Savage in 270. It also shot tiny little groups with regular consitancy. If you feel the rifle could do better after a couple trips to the range just glass bed it and there is your Accustock.

Regards,

Josh

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thats twice you've helped me out now TGE, thanks for the explanation.

John,

If you get to the point where you think you are outshooting your rifle and you need more from it in the accuracy department. Come back and ask again, there are lots of resources available to help a guy out with bedding a rifle. Of course you could just pay someone else to do it too, your choice. Either way, it may or may not be needed depending on how acurate your gun is with some practice and load development.

It has been said that the gains from action bedding are smaller in proportion to the bore size or in other words, the gains are less with small calibers. For now, if it were me, ide hit the range as much as possible and shoot the heck out of it. The rest will come...practice is everything. Enjoy.

Josh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.