Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a Montgomery Wards Westerfield XNH 806 SLLR .22 Cal single shot rifle. It is missing the bolt and I was wondering if anyone has this rifle? If so are they willing to send a few pictures of the bolt to me and maybe a couple of measurement because I am looking for a replacement bolt. The gun is not a collectible, but holds sentimental value so I want to get it in shooting condition again. The barrel, stock, trigger and sights are all in good condition. I've searched the web and can't find any detailed pics or schematics. I found some of the bolt parts at these websites, but I would preferr a complete bolt.

Firearm Parts & Accessories | Military Surplus | Numrich Gun Parts
Guns for Sale - Online Gun Auction - Buy Guns at GunBroker.com

If anyone could help I would appreciate it.
Thanks
David

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Westernfield never manufactured their own firearms, they were contracted out to other gun manufacturers. That model number is not showing on any cross-reference chart, though the XNH prefix shows guns made by both Marlin and Noble. If you can determine the maker, parts may be readily available under a different make and model. Look at the Noble Model 20 and the Marlin Model 10 series for comparison. There are probably others, but these come to mind.

If you can upload pics of your rifle to a hosting site such as Photobucket, provide us with a link so that we maybe able to identify the maker.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Looking at both the rifle and your pics, I agree with you on the Noble Model 20.

Jack First and Western Gun Parts may be a source of parts also.

~~~

Use some "0000" steel wool and some motor oil to remove the loose rust.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do and thanks for the help. I will give them a call today. Thanks for your help and knowledge I was definitely stumped, but looks like there maybe hope for this old rifle after all!!! I never have joined a forum before.....well I am impressed!
Thanks again
David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts