Shooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what everybody’s favorites are when it comes to scope rings and bases. For functionality and aesthetics?

·
Premium Member
15,053 Posts
Conetrol for permanent, Talley for removeable.

·
Premium Member
15,053 Posts
Here's a set on a varmint rifle. (6x51BS) and a .35 Whelen. I made the mounts for Conetrol rings.
And QD Talley rings on custom mounts on a 7x57 sporter.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I play musical scopes alot so the one piece multi-slot weaver rail that fits on 700's is my favorite base, I use the Leupold rifleman rings because they're lightweight aluminum, don't mar scopes and easily removed from the base.

·
Registered
7,849 Posts
I'd say that it depends on the specific rifle and its purpose and your needs. I'm a huge fan of Warne permanent rings in both 1" and 30mm. Warnes can be used on their bases, most any Weaver type base and they are also made for some special proprietary setups such as the CZ 527 & 550 and the Ruger #1 and 77 series. The Warnes are also made as QD for those applications if you think you'd like to have a 2nd scope handy or use iron sights at times.

For rifles where "standard" type bases are present or best to install, I like Millet engraved rings for 1" scopes. I'll use Leupold or Burris as first Choices in 30mm standard type rings.

For a versatile and lightweight setup in either 1" or 30mm, Talley lightweight ring/base setup is absolutely GREAT! I much prefer the 2 piece version over the 1 piece because both ends (front and rear) can be reversed to get optimal spacing for a variety of scope sizes. Because of that fact and the more streamlined look, I only use the 2 piece Talley set ups.

Reactions: JBelk

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Conetrol are my favorite. They’re beautifully done and ultra-low-profile.

For much less pretty but highly functional, I like Burris Signature rings with the polymer inserts that let you adjust windige and elevation in the rings (including adding cant for help shooting at very long range). They also auto-straighten so that even if your bases or receiver holes or cuts are a bit crooked, you won’t bend your scope.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Don't really have a favorite. But a couple of my rifles have the Redfield 1 piece bases and rings. Another one has Talley.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Luepold and Talley

Havent spent the coin on Conetrols yet

"Purdey".... Nice piece of English Walnut

Nice background view too

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
11,166 Posts
Weaver.

RJ

·
Registered
222 Posts
I miss the old Beuhler mounts. Very precisely made and finished. I have a set on my Winchester 70 Featherweigh.t

·
Registered
510 Posts
I am with RJ. I switched to Leopold for a while, but it was only a dalliance. I am now back to Weaver bases (prefer 1 piece when I can) and either old standard Weaver rings or my new favorite is the Grand Slam ring since the old style Weavers seem to be nonexistent.

·
Premium Member
15,053 Posts
Beuhler mounts and rings are wonderful!! I like them on dovetailed Sakos especially.

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
11,166 Posts
I've got Leupolds and Talleys but they don't shoot any better than my many Weavers. Just saying for clarity.

Well, I was 😁

1 - 16 of 16 Posts