Shooters Forum banner

Recoil buffers? The good, the bad, and the ugly???? I wanna know!

• I posted to enlighten you all. (great thanks in advance you mighty Jedi of weapons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Not butt stock pads or the like.) I would be interested in peoples opinions on recoil buffers and or what gun/weapon/platform they have tried them on, and how were the results; before vs after. It seems lately the subject is recoil buffers at the range and local gun shops/stores. I have heard about reduced metal to metal contact and also problems with them not letting the next rounds chamber. If you have expirence in this matter or with them, real, live, you personally have used them, I wanna hear for you! Thanks upfront! I was hoping to ask before spending money on a gimmick.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use them on my 1911's, the Browning Buckmark comes with them, I have dual action on my P226 .357 Sig, and on my Mini-14. On the Mini, I did try the gray (gray or white, can't remember) but it was too thick and affected my bolt, so went to the old 1911 type buffers on the front and rear and have no problems and less clanging.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If we are talking about the little plastic thingy that fits on the recoil spring guide on the 1911, I've tried them. Worked well, felt a bit less jarring, and fed well all rounds in the magazine of my Kimber Gold Match. What it did NOT do was allow the slide to stay back after the last round was fired. The slide needed to go back just a tiny bit further for the slide to stay open after the last round. I do not use them anymore.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i use them in my 45 autos and think that they are alright. they have not adversely affected either of my guns and the theory behind them makes sense but i don't know how much good they actually do.
i didn't vote, btw, as i can't say that they are great or that they are junk. i guess the jury is still out for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts