Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i try to enter message after loging on it takes me a while to type, an ape could type faster...then i hit send and a screen pops up and says i'm not sighned in..... what am i doing wrong ?????

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,305 Posts
Farmer, sounds like you don't have cookies enabled. Did you disable them or recently install some privacy software like ZoneAlarm Pro?

·
Beartooth Regular
7,768 Posts
Hi, me again. I've had what looks like a time-out lately, if I check Currently Active Users, after I've been on the site for half an hour or so. So I'm posting this after leaving this reply page open for most of an hour. Let's see what happens. And definitely enable cookies.

Bye
Jack

·
Beartooth Regular
2,146 Posts
Farmer,
It could be your ISP. Some will boot you off after a certain amount of time without activity. Your internet connection is not active while you are typing, so it may shut down. My old internet service did this.
Also, Internet Explorer has dial-up settings that will disconnect after a certain length of inactivity. This is a setting that you can adjust yourself, using the Tools on your toolbar.
Click on tools, then internet options. Select the connections tab, make sure your dial-up service is highlighted, then select settings. Then click the Advanced button and a window will open where you can adjust this setting. This works for the newest version of IE.
If you have Netscape, you'll have to have someone else help!
Let us know if this or any of the other suggestions solves your problem. IDShooter

·
Beartooth Regular
2,146 Posts
Whoops, sorry! Looks like I may have misread your initial post. I thought you meant your internet connection was dropped, I didn't realize you meant Beartooth was logging you out.

Now I'm at a loss, I've never had that happen. Sorry!

·
Banned
548 Posts
Id Shooter, well you helped me anyway. It is nothing uncommon for me to get kicked off line while typing a post also. I also am as slow as an ape typing.:(

Thanks, John

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
great responses

thanks for all the help ,,,,, when my college grad-comper-wiz boy comes home next i will have him check out settings on computer......this is for halfbreed do you have a double affliction also can't spell also .....thanks farmer 45.....

·
Banned
548 Posts
Farmer 45, Naw, genilly, mi spellin is perty guut. jest my tipn, gits in the way of mi sayin watts on mi mind.
Sorry about that one, I just could'nt help myself.
Halfbreed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts