Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Working a little, nothing like a normal year.
I built a new raised bed in my garden and filled it with a mix from the local landscaping company, planted beets, radishes, chard all of which are now just coming up.
Helped the neighbor build a greenhouse and filled the raised beds with 9 yards of the same soil.
Building a new planter box in back today, 3'x16', also tilling in a 2nd truckload of llama poo I picked up last weekend from Gary's farm.
Tomorrow's mothers day, traditionally the weekend it's safe to put out plants without being frosted, looks like Monday might be better. The sunroom is full of plants I started from seeds, squash, cucumbers, tomato's etc. etc.
I just got 10 new little trees to plant across the back of my property for privacy and a wind block, it should be safe to put those out today, I already dug all the holes and set up a watering system for them.
Got alot to do the next couple of days

·
Registered
9 Posts
Working from home. Building guns. Gunsmithing existing guns. Put together a 300 blackout pistol, MK18-ish looking thing --

Put a surplus Colt upper on it, DD RIS II rail in FDE, Anderson lower and LPK, Hansen barrel (10.3", 1:7), dedicated for shooting subs. Runs great, threw a JP spring into buffer, smooth. Not pictured is an eotech exps3-0 in tan. Learning about suppressors, might build one or buy one. Dreading trying to buy one with the apparent "surge" in background checks and applications for just about everything. Debating form 1 vs. form 4.

·
Registered
47 Posts
All this social distancing, and staying home is funny to me. Businesses closing is bad for the country, certainly. But folks moaning, groaning and going on TV talking about doing it alone together is comical. I'm retired, partly handicapped with a lil tuner that needs a long block. So all this is no big change to me. Since I started gathering up cloths, leather and guns for reenacting 19th century cowboy times, I've gotten something else to shoot for. When all this is over and I get my right hip replaced, I should be good to go. So many rifles...so little time...gotta do some more man cave remodeling...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finished shooting bench cutting in 100 yard shooting range need to reseed as first time did not take getting close now

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm staying in Haiti

Dont have to wear masks....:love:

Reactions: ellybo

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,527 Posts
I'm staying in Haiti

Dont have to wear masks....:love:

Given how many California plates have been up here all summer, I'm starting to think you may be the only one who didn't get the memo that we don't wear them. ...;);):LOL::LOL:

·
Banned
105 Posts
So it's been 6 months, how many people still believe this scam-demic crap. Thankfully I live in the sticks and don't have to put up with this ridiculous garbage unless I have to go in to town.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
During the early months of social distancing, I mostly stayed home, only venturing out to buy groceries. One thing I did do is form a wildcat cartridge based on the .30-30 Winchester cartridge. I asked myself and wondered why there isn't a "rimmed" form of the 7.62 X 39 m/m, so I formed one using the .30-30 case. I first trimmed it to 39 m/m and full length sized it in a 7.62 X 39 m/m die producing a perfect case being only rimmed hence: A 7.62 X 39 m/m R. Would be good in a single shot rifle and in a Lever Action. Don't know how useful this wildcat would be but just offered some time for this retired individual. :)

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,527 Posts
So it's been 6 months, how many people still believe this scam-demic crap.
Do you see fear mongering and stupidity being sold on the news?

If yes, then you know good and well that the superstitious and fearful are hanging off every word.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Lots of dry firing and don't know how many more times I can clean my guns. Did get some range time recently. Here is a great tool for indoor laser weapon practice that beats dry fire drills and kills boredom inside, very cool, check it out....

http://www.iTargetPro.com

SHOW MORE

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is what I'm doing:
Enhancing recipes with ingredient substitutions.
Kettle bell weight training.
Watching car rebuild YouTube videos and other cool videos through Software Torrent Sites .
Reading books.
Watching new series on Netflix and other links removed

Essentially what I've always done with slight variations. I've become more of a hermit these past few years:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Drinking one extra gin & tonic every night to celebrate the DemPanic.. You do realize that Pandemic is Dem surrounded by Panic!

Because I can.

AZB

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have been social distancing most of my life really. My personality seems to help facilitate that. My life has not really changed a whole lot as I live on a small farm (275 acres) and work for a company that produces construction material for residential housing. I miss going to the movies every few weeks and out to dinner once in a great while. I think I have set down in a restaurant twice since March. We still hang out with our friends about the same as we always have, but that never was all that often as we all have kids and busy lives. I am blessed to be one of the lucky ones that have not been drastically affected by this virus.

I do feel for people who have had to change their lives drastically thought.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Stuck in Afghanistan, so I'm still working full time.
Cant take vacation (well, I can but there is a greater than average chance I will not be allowed back into the country (Afghanistan) so its either my vacation or my job... ill keep my job.)
the isolation BS is bad enough that we cant get anyone back into the country, this is leaving us short handed as peoples contracts end and they decide to go home, it leave us with no one to backfill their slots. I'm working 20 hour days, and have been for about 8 weeks.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.