Shooters Forum banner

181 - 183 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Working a little, nothing like a normal year.
I built a new raised bed in my garden and filled it with a mix from the local landscaping company, planted beets, radishes, chard all of which are now just coming up.
Helped the neighbor build a greenhouse and filled the raised beds with 9 yards of the same soil.
Building a new planter box in back today, 3'x16', also tilling in a 2nd truckload of llama poo I picked up last weekend from Gary's farm.
Tomorrow's mothers day, traditionally the weekend it's safe to put out plants without being frosted, looks like Monday might be better. The sunroom is full of plants I started from seeds, squash, cucumbers, tomato's etc. etc.
I just got 10 new little trees to plant across the back of my property for privacy and a wind block, it should be safe to put those out today, I already dug all the holes and set up a watering system for them.
Got alot to do the next couple of days

·
Registered
7 Posts
Working from home. Building guns. Gunsmithing existing guns. Put together a 300 blackout pistol, MK18-ish looking thing --

Put a surplus Colt upper on it, DD RIS II rail in FDE, Anderson lower and LPK, Hansen barrel (10.3", 1:7), dedicated for shooting subs. Runs great, threw a JP spring into buffer, smooth. Not pictured is an eotech exps3-0 in tan. Learning about suppressors, might build one or buy one. Dreading trying to buy one with the apparent "surge" in background checks and applications for just about everything. Debating form 1 vs. form 4.

·
Registered
20 Posts
All this social distancing, and staying home is funny to me. Businesses closing is bad for the country, certainly. But folks moaning, groaning and going on TV talking about doing it alone together is comical. I'm retired, partly handicapped with a lil tuner that needs a long block. So all this is no big change to me. Since I started gathering up cloths, leather and guns for reenacting 19th century cowboy times, I've gotten something else to shoot for. When all this is over and I get my right hip replaced, I should be good to go. So many rifles...so little time...gotta do some more man cave remodeling...

181 - 183 of 183 Posts