Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:
Just purchased a CZ rifle in .22 Hornet with a Weaver Scope attached. On front bell is CT 6, and Micro - Trac, The parallex adjustment on the front bell is from 50 ft. to infinity. Both front and rear bells have screw dust caps. Windage and elevation adjustments are in 1/8 in. increments. On the underside is (SN ?) 49995, 6X40 and Japan. Questions: I believe this is a target scope and 6x fixed power. Can you tell me the approximate age, and approximate value? The value will help me to allocate between rifle and scope. The scope is in excellent condition. The reticule is fine cross hairs. I believe it will be all that is needed for the .22 Hornet and am looking forward to field test both. Thank you in advance for your input.

·
Banned
484 Posts
It sounds like a Weaver T-6 6x fixed power target/varmint scope. The Weaver T-series scopes have an excellent reputation and many are used in benchrest competition (albeit in higher powers such as 36x). The Microtrack adjustment system is one of the best in the industry and has been copied and/or licensed by other manufacturers. It is a fine scope for use on a .22 hornet. Is the tube made of steel or aluminum? That will make it easier to guess the age, although it has to be fairly recent if it was manufactured in Japan (and all of the Japanese Weavers I know of use aluminum tubes). It could be anywhere from 2 to 25 years old if made in Japan. The T-6 was discontinued a couple of years back.

I would guess it cost about $250.00 to $300.00 new and is probably worth about $150.00 to $200.00 if in excellent shape...but remember, you read my guesses on the internet, so be afraid, be very afraid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weaver CT 6 scope

Hello Wildhobbybobby:

The tube is aluminum. I will allocate $175. to the scope for my inventory purposes.

Any ideal what the "C" in CT 6 would stand for? Maybe "compact" Target? The scope is 13 3/4 inches long as opposed to much longer lengths for the 26 - 35 power T series scopes.

Thank you very much for your response.

·
Banned
484 Posts
The "C" probably stands for "Classic" as Weaver has a Classic series of scopes including the K and V models. Your scope is recent manufacture...on the left side of the adjustment turret there should be a Weaver logo or emblem. If it is the name "Weaver" in white letters, the scope was probably made in the 80's or 90's. If it is an oval green and gold medallion with the name "Weaver", then it was made more recently.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Wildhobbybobby

I agree the "C" is probably Classic. The logo on the left turret is an italicized WEAVER in Gold lettering. Also the adjustment lettering on the knobs (1/8th in. at 100 yds) and on the front objective are in gold lettering. Thanks again for the information.

Merrill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts