Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,761 Posts
gun runner,

dclark has the advantage of having tried several different brands of electronic muff, which I have not. But I can vouch for the pair I got from Dillons for about $190 (includes s&h). They muff the loud noices and not only let you hear the speaking voice, but amplifies it. When I load the single action, I hear every click when the cylinder turns just like it was next to my ear. There have been several times that I couldn't figure out what a particular noise was only to find it was the result of a "small" action that I'd never hear without the muffs. I used them during 5 months of indoor shooting and could clearly hear the "ready on the firing line" but was never bothered by any of the shooting.

Dan

·
7,761 Posts
Good question. Thinking about it, during the indoor shooting I was definitely able to tell if the sound was coming from the left or right. Last week on the outdoor session, could tell the conversation was coming from my left. Sooooooo, I think you'll be able to tell and know which way to duck in case you hunt on golf courses

Dan

·
7,761 Posts
fuz,

dclark had previously mentioned a "pause" with the Dillon muffs that I hadn't noticed before. But today on the range I was talking to a fella on the pistol range when a boom from the rifle range went off, definitely causing about one second "dimming" of the amplified sound.

I'm still have to get used to the amplified sound capability. Clicks and squeaks that I'd never hear, even 20 years ago, are very noticable.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts