Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
http://www.snipercentral.com/vanguardvs.htm

its the pretty stock i have ever seen .i love that red/black pattern it puts me in a trance . i wish i had wby email so i could see if they had this for the mark v .
Well to each there own.Not something I would want on any of my guns .Black. Cammo or Wood in Walnut is more my style . That desert sand colour too is probably good for the boys over seas's

·
Registered
475 Posts
To each his own. I think it is butt ugly. But we all have different tastes and perspectives.

I like wood stocks or black composites.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Seems pretty sharp to me. I still prefer a nice piece of walnut or laminated wood stock.

good luck go for it.
GF

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think red would autos it because if I get a wby it will see alot.of red of the liquid kind lol. If I could get a custom one turned out to exact out I want it I. Might go with wood. But id like to have different colors in the cabinet besides black brown. One reasons why I went with I got a briley.choke.for.my 10. Ga to make it odd looking. . Told.my.brother if.I get. . A 460 wby he has to get a 416. Rem mag so we can tag team hogs. Also I found a.small compnay who loads. 350gr [email protected] 2800 gps. That I want as my hog round its soft kicken

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Well, I can't say that red would be my first choice in a stock color. I read all the posts before going to the link and was afraid it was going to be a bright red, and really had my doubts. But it's not too bad, the net effect is sort of dark blood red. In a composite stock, I think I would prefer something a little more "earthy," but I have to admit I have seen some pretty red dirt in East Texas. Anyway, it is certainly better than blue or purple.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You sure b&c makes it? I can't say I looked on there site but wby had it listed in their custom shop. I will email b&c about wby options. If could id like a non monte carlo or at least the cheek piece on the right side since im left handed.

·
Registered
993 Posts
You sure b&c makes it? I can't say I looked on there site but wby had it listed in their custom shop. I will email b&c about wby options. If could id like a non monte carlo or at least the cheek piece on the right side since im left handed.

B&C makes the stocks for most Weatherby models.

·
Registered
463 Posts
hm looks really useful for hunting in lava fields in Hawaii, i have seen some lava rock that color somewhere in the contiguous states to, Arizona or Nevada maybe...

All kidding aside they are pretty well made, personally if i was getting a marble pattern on a gun stock it would be earth shades, browns, greens and blacks. The sand colored one would be my pick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts