Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody has different ways of doing stuff and cleaning guns is no different. Have you ever found something that has reduced the cleaning time for your firearm maintenance? For me I just bought a bunch of needle oil bottles from Amazon and they are fantastic! It really makes those more expensive CLPs go a lot further and I don't have to deal with those terrible pivot spouts again :D.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
For liquid solvents I use a 'solvent dispenser' that has a pump. Clean patches only. The dispenser also works well with some oils.

The new aerosol foaming cleaners like Wipe-Out really reduce the labor.

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,297 Posts
For my Ed's Red, or Humpy's White; I bought a set of syringes from the tack store with a bit of plastic hose on the end. This way I can squirt some down the bore without all the crooks of the action and such getting doused.

Reactions: MZ5

·
Banned
743 Posts
I use the new remington squeegee pull system. I can clean 5-6 guns in the time I used to take cleaning a rifle after a range session. Love it. Pull copper brush through once, pull squeegee through once. Light oil and the bore is done. Couldn't believe it cleaned that well until I pulled squeegee though second time and got nothing on it!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use the new remington squeegee pull system. I can clean 5-6 guns in the time I used to take cleaning a rifle after a range session. Love it. Pull copper brush through once, pull squeegee through once. Light oil and the bore is done. Couldn't believe it cleaned that well until I pulled squeegee though second time and got nothing on it!
That sounds like the Hoppe's bore snake. If its anything like the bore snake than its probably a great product.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For my Ed's Red, or Humpy's White; I bought a set of syringes from the tack store with a bit of plastic hose on the end. This way I can squirt some down the bore without all the crooks of the action and such getting doused.
How significant of an improvement is Ed's Red over synthetic motor oil?

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,297 Posts
How significant of an improvement is Ed's Red over synthetic motor oil?
Sorry for the delay Walt.
I'd say drastic, depending on what you are trying to clean. Motor oil doesn't touch plastic fouling (shotgun wads), Ed's red does quite handily. Personally I don't think motor oil is a "quick" attacker of nasty/heavy carbon, but Ed's red is.
Is it the best cleaner I've used? Certainly not, but it is better than many. M-Pro7 by the gallon is near $70. Ed's Red is under $18. M-pro7 is a much better cleaner, IMO. But if I'm not sitting down for a thorough cleaning, or out and using a snake. I much prefer E.R.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts