Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We saw this "bird" in the woods today, my cocker spaniels ran it down and we caught it but, have no idea what it is. If you know, please let me know....

This bird has a 5 ft. wing span and spurs like a turkey. It has a few long tail feathers and a very brilliant blue/yellow head. It also has mallard green feather tips running down the back of the neck. You can see from the pictures that it also has a "top knot" of sorts. This bird can also fly and fly fast. It also kackles in flight..

Any help in identifying this bird would be appreciated....

A

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my thought but, I really don't know. No one within a 5 mile radius has any sort of pea foul whatsoever and as such, I don't know where it could have came from....

A

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Except for that funny little sprout on top of its head, I would say it is a Turkey polt. That makes the most sense for this time of year. Could be a pea-cock I guess. But my vote is a turkey polt with a neat hair doo:)

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
11,869 Posts
Dinner.

RJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.