Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please any one TELL ME, so I can get a clearer picture.
What size DIE resizer for these casting
9.62x39
9mm
38 special
I have the LEE DIES for all of these.
But would like to get the Dies for a Lyman # 45
sizer lubber that I just finished restoring.
Thank you
Robert

·
Registered
579 Posts
9.62x39- dont know
.308- .310" if for a rifle
9mm- .356" or .357"
38 special-.358" Basic rule is .001" larger than barrel groove diameter. You will need a Lyman "M" die for rifles like 308 win. This die opens the neck so you can seat an oversize bullet without shaving lead. Pistol dies come with an expander/belling die.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
ugotit32, 1 800 533 5000 RCBS, order a catalog, ask them to include a special order catalog, most of the bullet sizers are available in standard sizes including - or + sizes, do not forget to match the top punch with the bullet being sized, all top punches are listed with the bullet sizers. The Lyman and RCBS lube presses use the same dies and top punches.

I am going to assume you found the piston for the press, the cap for the lube press serves two purposes, one it keeps dirt out, two it is a guide for the threaded feed rod.

F. Guffey

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Slug the bore you are interested in -- the nominal diameter is not always what your gun will have, and a .358 die for bullets in a .360 bore may not help you much. Then, contact die companies and see what's available

·
Banned
502 Posts
In simplest terms:

9.62x39 - .313
.308 - .309, very worn barrels, .311
9mm - .356 or .357
38 special - .358

I have been casting bullets for a good while, and these suggestions work for most situations.

If I need a Lee Sizer Die larger diameter than what they have listed, I buy the nearest size and lap the die out to the size that I need.

Jerry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks
I'm going to re slug my barrels.
Yes the pressure nut is on its way and the O-RINGS for it.
I modified the pressure rod and put an o-ring at the bottom
How do you post pictures here in case some one what to see what I did.??

·
Super Moderator
13,632 Posts
Two methods: For several pictures the best appraoch is to click the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the composition screen. Then scroll down and click on the button that says Managing Attachments. You load each photo one by browsing to it, selecting it, then clicking to Upload it. Note there is a 100kb size limit to each image, so resize if you need to for remaining below that size. Pictures loaded this way will have thumbnails that appear in your post and people access them by clicking the thumbnails.

To display a picture full size in a post, you need to upload it to Image Shack or Photobucket or some other hosting site that gives it a URL (address). I your post, then click on the icon at the top of the composition window that looks like a postcard and copy the URL for the image into the address window that pops up. Please keep image sizes down to 620 x 480 to limit bandwidth consumption. The Image Shack site give you the option to resize as it loads, if you don't know how? I think Photobucket may do it automatically, but I don't recall for sure?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts