Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use some help. I recently bought a used PACT chronograph. It works fine and gives wonderful information I'm sure, but I don't know what to look for. I'm trying to develope a load which is most accurate and consistent in my 222 Rem. What information should I be looking for in comparing different loads? Thankyou in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your replys. If I understand correctly, I should be looking at the standard deviation of a set of 33 shots of a particular load. I know the chronograph will compute the standard deviation for me, and since I am mathematicly ( as well as spelling) challenged, this is a good thing. I will continue to experiment. What reloading techniques will improve my consistentcy? I load on an RCBS rockchucker for resizing, prime using a Lee hand press with ram prime, and weight charges on an RCBS scale (but will use the Pact electronic scale I bought with the chronograph from now on) and seat bullets using a Lyman challenger press. When seating the bullet I raise the ram part way, rotate the case a quarter turn,  raise the ram some more, rotate the case a quarter turn, and continue this until the ram goes all the way to the top. I was told this will help center the bullet in the case. Is this true? Are there any other techniques I should be using. Im not a complete novice, but I dont reload every day either.  Thanks again for all the replys and will look forward to your assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts