Shooters Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,700 Posts
Two things are very useful on the road to accuracy, in addition to standard loading gear:

One is a gage like the RCBS Precision Mic or Stoney Point, which measures how close your bullets are to the rifling when loaded.  This is a big variable and yet another way to tune a load.  Also helps you keep tabs on throat wear.

Other is a gage to measure case neck runout, like the RCBS Case Master (there are probably others too I'm sure).

Now.... it should be noted that you probably need to be consistently under 1.5 MOA, probably 1.0 MOA, before you have the basics down enough for these tools to help.  But they are very helpful in working out kinks in your reloading process.

Just putting loads together that are safe and will feed in your gun will occasionally result in spectacular accuracy.  But sometimes it takes a huge pile of components to get there, and not always possible to duplicate!  

These devices will also perform very valuable "Q-C" on your reloading dies.  I have found die problems by using those tools, that I might not have ever figured out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts