Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the scenario:

You live in a suburban area or a rural area within 50 miles of a decent sized city no larger then New York City and no smaller than Orlando (200,000ish people) . The city is within 1 hour driving distance, the city has an international airport, large hospital, and virtually all kinds of department stores. You just got a call from a neighbor who you have be-friended saying he heard from another friend and on the local news that Al queada terrorists have unleashed several "dirty" bombs in the city which we will call AMERICANOPOLISand as a result have cause panic and chaos in your area, looters and local thugs are going house to house stealing to survive. You also get word from your friend that terrorists have launched multiple nationwide attacked simultaneously and the Army has ordered police and small national gaurd units to patrol neighborhoods from looters and possible further terrorist attacks. Your friend also said that the terrorists are also going door to door with ak-47's and body armor and RPG's assassinating random citizens one by one. The Army is stretched too thin from numerous foreign wars, and the local police is outgunned and too busy dealing with the immediate emergencies to spend time patrolling neighborhoods. You hang up the phone and turn the TV on to get a better grasp on whats going on, an emergency alert reads there is a national emergency and you are ordered to stay inside of your house for your own safety that there were nationwide terrorist strikes. Then all of a sudden your power goes out. While you want to stay inside you realize that you need to go shopping and get enough food for the rest of the night and possibly the next few days. Also you want to check up on your friend and other family friends who live in your area to make sure that they are doing ok. You look out the window and see that the police has not reached your neighborhood yet, you walk outside and talk to a nieghbor to ask if he has heard about anything about the emergency and he says that he heard from his friend that the police will not secure your area for the rest of the night and will mostly will be secure by tomorrow afternoon. Your You must rely on your common sense and any previous army experience or self defense classes or outdoor experience etc. to protect your family, friends and neighborhood. You are not sure whether you will run into armed terrorists, but remember your friend told you that in some cities Al queda/jihadist terrorists are going door to door assassinating people.

Task list:
1. Re-stock on food any supplies at local store
2. Check up on friend and family/other friends
3. Survive the night and morning of next day until Police/NAtional gaurd troops show up and secured your area

Rules:
1. Must only consist of anything you OWN either in your house or in your vehicle this can be guns, knives (can be kitchen knives), garden tools, etc. anything that you could use as a weapon. What type of other accessories would you want to carry with you example: flashlights, first aid, snacks, etc.
2. Must be stuff you can carry with you without hindering your mobiblity... you must be mobile enough to surive the trip to the store to re stock on food, and survive the trip to your friends/families homes, and survive so you can't load yourself down with crap. It must be enough for you to comfortably carry for extended periods
3. Since we are in a gun forum you can list current guns you own that you would want to carry with you and any preffered weapons/rifles/sidearms/ other equipment
4. IF you list preferred equipment it must REALISTIC not fantasy. Something you could realistically afford, buy and use. For example: do not list M1 Abrams tank or factory bullet proof vests.

What procedures would you take to secure your house, family, friends house, etc.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I'll start:

I would first go and grab my .45-70 big game rifle which has red dot sight on it... good for low light conditions at night.. snap my laser sight on it..and grab my tactical light which I can later attach to my rifle during the night. Grab 3 boxes of ammo, 2 boxes of factory 300 grain plinking low velocity loads which would be good for extended periods of shooting has low recoil and hollow point expands nicely. One box of 500grain FMJ dangerous game loads good for punching through walls, cars, engine blocks, and body armor. Grab my hunting pack throw a camping spotlight in it, some spare batteries, and grab ebnough canned food and snacks to survive the night and morning. Get my pocket knife and put it on my belt. Spare toilet paper roll and gallon of water.

Since i'm single and have no kids, i'd bring my dog with me to get supplies, food, and check on family. Then when I get home i'd board up all windows and doors with spare sheets of plywood and lumber in the basement. Grab a tent and sleeping bag and sleep in the woods far enough away from my house so I can see if terrorists come to my hosue. Dog stays with me in the woods.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,113 Posts
Think I'll just cozy up in my lounger with a good book, put some classical CD's in the player, find a good reading book and open a bottle of Merlot. Too old to run and not interested in saving the world.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
If anybody thinks a store would be open in a SHTF situation they would be dead wrong. Unless you were on site within 5 minutes of the news the store would be looted clean. Plan ahead for the worst and stock up.

·
Registered
560 Posts
One problem with the scenario. This is still America! as far as terrorists knocking on peoples doors and assassinating folk one by one.... Well i see dead terrorist laying on folks doorsteps holding ak's! And unless the idiots that want to dictate us and take our freedom get their way, i would say direct this question to a people in a country that has already had his/her firearms rights taken away.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One problem with the scenario. This is still America! as far as terrorists knocking on peoples doors and assassinating folk one by one.... Well i see dead terrorist laying on folks doorsteps holding ak's! And unless the idiots that want to dictate us and take our freedom get their way, i would say direct this question to a people in a country that has already had his/her firearms rights taken away.
Well the way things look we're headin for another Revolution or more terrorist attacks.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Think I'll just cozy up in my lounger with a good book, put some classical CD's in the player, find a good reading book and open a bottle of Merlot. Too old to run and not interested in saving the world.
And if the power goes out read by the light of a good lamp. HD guns are already in place and I am to old to do the Rambo thing. Got over the hero thing back in Nam when all the heroes were being stuffed in bags.

I can always sing but then my brother or sister would shoot me and call it a public service so I'd have to do without the music.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,660 Posts
Scotch, Ken. Didn't you know that single-malt goes best with Rambo-type fantasies???? :p :p :p

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
suit yourself, i'm not gonna wait around to listen to that CD with ya

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And if the power goes out read by the light of a good lamp. HD guns are already in place and I am to old to do the Rambo thing. Got over the hero thing back in Nam when all the heroes were being stuffed in bags.

I can always sing but then my brother or sister would shoot me and call it a public service so I'd have to do without the music.
I hear you and God bless you for your service.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
you can tell that someone has problems when they need to boost their confidence by mocking people on an internet message board

First off:

Mocking, I think not.

Everyone knows a single malt is the first choice.

Secondly;
Post such as these do not even belong on this board. Other boards such as THR, TFL, AR15 and a litany of others have just the sub-forums to fantisize about saving the world and wiping out zombie hoards.

The thought of Al queda knocking on anyones door in a MASS invasion is a stretch. Last I checked, no one knocks anymore.:rolleyes:

During WWII, just after Pearl Harbor, there was a genuine threat of Japanese forces invading the mainland for the U.S.. I am going to para-phrase, but the Japanese Military leaders cautioned against it, for fears that every American would rise up with their private arms and retaliate.

What makes you think that would not happen today?

This thread has nothing to do with the owners intention, and is therefore closed.

Is that a knock at my door?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.