Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is something I have thought about for a while and have never posed it as a question to anyone before but, thought I would ask you, just to see what kind of responce I would get back...

If Jesus were to robe himself in flesh and come by for a visit, with you knowing that it in fact was Jesus, what would you feed Him or how would you cook for Him?

Me personally, my meals for Jesus would consist of crappie, bass, quail, rabbit, deer, turkey and other game...

I would also have grapes and dates for snacking on as well as other "fresh" fruit and vegetables...

Soda pop and potatoe chips? Not on your life!

I would have to pull water from the well and make sure I offered nothing but the purest and cleanest of everything I had to offer. A good garden fresh salad, I think, would also be something "good"...

Like I said, this was just a thought I had and wondered what others "would feed Jesus" if He came by for a visit and I guess what got me to thinking about this is all the garbage we put into our bodies on an everyday basis. I see people 200 + pounds overweight and stuffing themselves with soda pop, cookies, potatoe chips and other unhealthy trash that should never come close to their mouth. A greasy pork chop along with a plate full of greasy potatoes - let's not go there...

The Bible says our body is a temple, meant to be kept clean and Holy, before the eyes of our Lord....

Well, what are your thoughts???

A

·
Inactive
2,046 Posts
Jesus was and is in the healing business. We should care about what we put in our bodies. Not sure how important any given meal is and I would probably suggest an "In and Out" cheese burger with grilled onions - good Christian company.

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
I would have to say a good venison stew, with as many vegetables harvested from my garden as possible and with venison packaged and prepared by my own hands. For sure we'd have some of my wife's wonderful homemade bread and some fresh juice or cold, pure water. More important than what I fed him, I would hope to feed upon the word, straight from the source, without having to worry about any man's interpretation, or my own misunderstandings.

·
Inactive account
596 Posts
My wife would prepare her famous Elk stew with fresh bread and a cool drink of crystal clear Canadian water.
Just image the conversation around the table. I think that I could listen to him for eternity:)

Blessings,

·
Inactive account
1,239 Posts
I don't cook, so out to eat we would go among the sinners and reprobates. Proably fish , fried. Where a whole bunch of people could meet and touch his cloak. Wouldn't want to selfishly hoard him for myself but share him with others, the lost, the saved, whomever. This way others could be touched, healed and influenced by the King of Kings. Nothing I could do would impress him. Cooking the least among these. We would eat oftern. Under bridges, in alleys, in broken down cars. The people that could be ministered to would be astounding. The lessons that could be learned first hand, awesome!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Being in the physical presence of The Lord Jesus Christ, food would be the last thing on my mind. Praise and worship would be in order. As far as food, I would cook Him anything he wanted. While cooking I would ask and listen intently to the Word being spoken to me. I'm sure I wouldn't hear anything differant than the written Word, but maybe He would give me a deeper and fuller understanding of it.

·
Banned
863 Posts
"If Jesus were to robe himself in flesh and come by for a visit, with you knowing that it in fact was Jesus, what would you feed Him or how would you cook for Him?
"

Well, I know for certain he likes fish. Grilled. So do I. My wife does that good.

·
Banned
425 Posts
What ever he wanted! Twinkies, Bacon! ? PBJ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.