Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you shoot a deer in maine and go to tag it, with all the info you have to give you have to tell the caliber you shot it with. I am wondering what they do with this info and it there a place or site to find the results. I would be interested in learning the most poppular deer calibers to see how the official info matches up with what I think are the most poppular.

·
Banned
968 Posts
> I am wondering what they do with this info

If I was a resource person what I would do with it would be to set the bow, black powder, shotgun, and rifle seasons for maximizing the harvest. Of course in Maine, it is always tractor trailer season.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,246 Posts
In LA you have 72 hours to call and report a deer kill. Information gathered is sex, points, Parish of harvest, type of harvest (rifle-bow-bp). The folks you talk to are alway friendly and most like to talk about hunting.

·
Banned
103 Posts
tagging an reporting i go along with.. telling what you made the shot with ,,i don t know..
i don t buy ammo from any place that requires my ph number..thats just intruding a bit too much, for me..i could lie ,,but id rather they didn t think ,they needed that info..
i got my own reasons for being that way..

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
The paranoid side of me (which is swelling daily) says that if you answer that for two or more calibers, someone, somewhere knows you likely own at least that many guns.

·
Banned
22 Posts
Gents,
What makes any of you think you are not in a data base. All you Gents bragging about having this gun or that model on these forums are in a data base. Have fun realizing you are screwed, tattooed, & abused. Mygila

·
Banned
968 Posts
For those that are interested, a jumping point:

http://www.alea.org/public/airbeat/back_issues/sep_oct_2006/index.aspx

http://www.woyano.com/view/2141/modern-grow-op-detection

With the relative crude equipment three or so years ago, the AZ police got in trouble for watching people having sex inside their home.

Go to your safe, touch it, then touch your wall.

The sites with the good info seem to disappear ... umm .. change. These keywords should be enough to pop up some good sites with a yahoo search, I just checked.

"gun" contraband "energy audit" detection flir helicopter

then combine them with Kyllo.

imho,

A big metal gun safe against a wall, especially an exterior wall, might not be the best place to put it. If you have attic A/C, under it on an interior wall might be a good place if you do not have a full basement below ground level.

fwiw

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.