Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that over the years I have traded many things for guns and have traded guns for other guns, so what has been your best trade? The one I remember the best was when I was 16 I traded my old 48 Kaiser coup for a 16 guage single shot and a Ruger 22/22mag Pistol.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I have not traded a gun yet I did not wish I had back. If the Single Six .22 I am messing with now does not start to shoot , it may be the first.

·
Registered
416 Posts
About 30 years ago I swapped a 17 foot aluminum canoe for a Trapdoor Springfield, a 1917 Enfield, one of the Numrich muzzleloader conversions for the trapdoor and 500 rounds of .30-06 military ammunition. The canoe had given me a lot of hard miles and I was ready to replace it anyway. Never regretted that trade.

DC

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,949 Posts
Without going into the old tale of swapping my wife for a rifle and being the best trade I ever made, traded a Ruger .44 Mag semi-auto carbine for a pre-war Model 70 Winchester in "30 Gov't 06"caliber a few years back. Although the Ruger was bordering on collectible, I'm very proud of the '06. Took a 7x6 bull elk with it the following season.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Tech-9, new in the box for an old used Winchester Model 95 Rifle in .30-40. God was smiling down on me that day.:D

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have made some trades that I have regretted, but think I did ok on this one. I traded a 110 volt mig welder for a pre-64 model 70 in 375 H&H. I would describe it as being 95-98% condition.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Back in 1959, I traded a summer of cutting an old man's yard for a 20gr Parker VHE SxS. Not bad. Still have the gun.:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I recently managed to trade a stock ruger 10/22 and a plain jane blue ruger mark II (both of which I had bought used for short money) for pre crossbolt safety Win 94 bigbore in .375.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts