Shooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well I'm sorry to say that the Outpost on I 24 just outside murfreesboro informed me over the weekend. they want be caring reloading supplys any longer ...O well...sorry for them ... I did enjoy talking with the guys at the counter good fellows. ..

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Lol...update. no one has anything anymore and I'm getting very low ..need Alliant varmint powder and Remington 9 1/2 .. and 30 caliber bullets for the 30-06

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,158 Posts
Lol...update. no one has anything anymore and I'm getting very low ..need Alliant varmint powder and Remington 9 1/2 .. and 30 caliber bullets for the 30-06

If you only look at the major 3 public facilities that everyone uses, and refuse to use components other than what you think you've used for the past 40 years. Then I'm afraid, yes, you may be waiting for a spell.

If you remember what we reloaders have always been, which is crafty, curious, and resourceful folks always looking to test and learn and try.
The you'll happen across a ton of components for sale, at non-stupid prices.

Not one to be captured by the "brand that's true" sirens song, I bought a few 8# kegs of powder they would otherwise try and sell. Bought laid in, for less than $15/#.

Cheers

Reactions: jimboro

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just left sportsmans warehouse in the Boro ...strike one ....no powder no bullets to speak of and nooo primers. .sad day in America

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
11,375 Posts
Wondering what the look is around Sportsmans Warehouse with the take over by Bass pro?

RJ

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,158 Posts
What are you looking for specifically Jim?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thank you Darkker ..remington 9 1/2 primers. Alliant Varmint. . Alliant 1200r . Speer 250gr. 356dia bullets. .Alliant RL-7 ..and I would like to try Alliant RL -26 in my 250 AI. ..how do you like my wish list ..☺

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
my lgs has 4 new rifles, 1 very old rifle, no handguns, no 22 rifles, no primers, no ,22lr, 9mm and 45 ammo, rifle and pistol ammo is scarce, bullet is few and far between and two powders(rel22 and titewad).

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,158 Posts
Guys, you have to stop thinking of components as some holy grail nonsense.
When times are tight because stupid people suddenly think taking medical advice from a politician is a wise life choice...

Buy bullet weights, not just the brand that pappy used. Buy powder for a 358, not just RL-22.

Jim, whatever you do....don't buy in-stock bullets at Graf's.

Cheers

Reactions: jimboro and JBelk

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I am one to allow the free market take care of things like prices. I also feel that those places that are excessively gouging the general public, won't get my business in the future.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I hit the gun show in Lebanon TN. Sunday no way would I pay 100 dollars a lb. For any powder or 1600 for a model 39 marlin ..22lr. But I couldn't believe the people that were just pulling out there wallet and handling over the cash ...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Slipped into sportsmans warehouse about 9:30 this morning and got my two boxes of 9mm... 😊

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I herd from a good source that the Out Post on I 24 . South of murfreesboro Tn.just received a large shipment of ammo .

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Got lucky at sportsman's warehouse the other day .. I found Hornady one shot case lube .. some one placed it with the Hornady spray lube in the gun cleaning section. . I've tryed to get it from midway for a couple of weeks .. I had to look at it twice to believe it ..

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I've been thinking about trying yous home brew ... send me your brew Mastermixer....Thanks tdoyka

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,158 Posts
He's giving you his secret beard oil recipe😆

Reactions: tdoyka and jimboro
21 - 40 of 44 Posts