Shooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
With everything else going the way it is price wise molds have gone up as well. Most of mine have been with me for over 40 yrs. Some bought from a local shop I had worked at in H.S. and then from RCBS and Lyman. I've picked up a couple from Ebay. Just my opinion but if I were to do all over again I'd not go with less that a 4 cavity mold. And the 6 cavity a buddy loaned be was the cats meow. I did about 500+ in a couple of hrs with a LEE 357 105 gr.
20210223_132753.jpg

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,869 Posts
Donbond - Please peruse the site menu to place your posts in the most appropriate forum instead of dumping everything in the General Discussion forum. We tire of having to move them for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With everything else going the way it is price wise molds have gone up as well. Most of mine have been with me for over 40 yrs. Some bought from a local shop I had worked at in H.S. and then from RCBS and Lyman. I've picked up a couple from Ebay. Just my opinion but if I were to do all over again I'd not go with less that a 4 cavity mold. And the 6 cavity a buddy loaned be was the cats meow. I did about 500+ in a couple of hrs with a LEE 357 105 gr. View attachment 101360
Thanks even the moulds are unavailable and off the charts in cost

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Donbond - Please peruse the site menu to place your posts in the most appropriate forum instead of dumping everything in the General Discussion forum. We tire of having to move them for you.
Ok didn't see a catagory for moulds

·
Registered
621 Posts
It really depends on the version of English you are using. They are alternative spellings for the same thing whether you are talking about the stuff that grows or the vessel used to make castings. 'Mould' is the European spelling while 'mold' is the way lazy Americans spell it. ;)

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,915 Posts
Moulds too ;)

·
Registered
768 Posts
NOE Bullet Moulds
Check out whats available ... you can also order a mould and have it made to your specifications ... hollow points , solid points ,gas check , plain base .
Their moulds are works of art and a pleasure to cast with ! Check them out
www.noebulletmoulds.com
Gary

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
It really depends on the version of English you are using. They are alternative spellings for the same thing whether you are talking about the stuff that grows or the vessel used to make castings. 'Mould' is the European spelling while 'mold' is the way lazy Americans spell it. ;)
I don't see y it's "lazy" to lev out a letter that has no sound, and dosn't change the sound of any of the ajacnt letters, ether. Enuf sed.

Reactions: JBelk
1 - 15 of 15 Posts