Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a personal rant toward the leadership of my beloved NRA . In the wake of the recent school , mall and theatre shootings I can't help but notice the sounds of silence coming from the NRA ! Where is the outcry toward the individuals using firearms to commit these crimes ? Isn't it about time the NRA took off their suits and ties and put on boxing gloves instead ? I want to see them jump in with both feet and rant, rave and use every fancy, four-letter word they can think of to address the complete stupidity of these firearm toting , inbred morons. Let them know that every time they use a firearm for the wrong reason , they condemn us all to ridicule and disdain !!! Gentlemen need not apply !!!:mad: Any thoughts ? HD1

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
The Anti-Gun Faction is already Screaming that the NRA is Against every 'Reasonable' Gun Control Proposal even tough NONE of the proposals would do anything to stop the 'Mentally disturbed persons who have been the Shooters in the last several 'mass shootings'.

The NRA has been voicing reasoned arguments against such 'proposals' but the Main Stream Media (MSM) do not 'Report' the NRA positions, instead the MSM spouts opinion about the NRA and it is not favorable to the NRA. Why give the MSM more 'fodder' to willfully misinterpret and use against us?

I feel it is better to give a reasoned and calm response that will not give MSM some negative 'sound bite' to repeat over and over out of context to the NRA, and our rights, Detriment.

Best Regards,
Chev. William

·
Registered
690 Posts
Chevwilliam is correct. The NRA made their position public a week or so after the school shooting. Wayne Lapierre made a speech which I thought was very good but the media and this administation have a liberal agenda and logic has nothing to do with it.
The NRA has partnered with the CT Civil defence league in one of the three lawsuits brought against the State of CT regagrding the constitutionality of the new laws. They are spending ILA money here which is why the ILA is the division of the NRA that I have always supported.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great replies from both of you, but it's been my observation that sometimes you just need to get your hands dirty ! A raised voice , clenched fist and dump truck full of attitude works wonders on occasion !!! HD1

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
I think they did that. However, they probably saw that Americans weren't going to panic over those horrific events and decided - let's just stay relatively quiet on this one since America is fixing it without us. Why stand up and take the criticism when you can save it for a bigger battle? I mean, why take medicine when the body's healing itself?

Congressmen were risking heat by shutting down Feinstein's bill, and America seemed happy about it. I was. Just thinking maybe.......

·
Registered
547 Posts
Alot of what said above is correct. I suggest you follow the NRA on Facebook for updates on what they do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts