Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can buy a remington 700 action from? I have been looking to buy a left-handed action but I cant even find a regular action at all. Anyone have luck buying them?

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,137 Posts
Have to have an FFL to legally purchase this. If you have one, Brownell's sells them.

·
Banned
47 Posts
Bad as I hate to say it, I go to WalMart and buy the gun for the action when I have a customer that wnts a custom rifle on a 700 aciton. I then have a stock and new take-off bbl I can sell. I get them there for less money than I can get just the action from any dealer. Man.....that's messed up.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea I wish there was a site where I could just buy it right from there and have it sent to an ffl. They dont have a lot on gunbroker and midway stopped selling them. Also it hard to find a cheap lefthanded used gun just for the action as well. Would I be able to take the barrel off the action or would the smith have to do that for me?

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Bad as I hate to say it, I go to WalMart and buy the gun for the action when I have a customer that wnts a custom rifle on a 700 aciton. I then have a stock and new take-off bbl I can sell. I get them there for less money than I can get just the action from any dealer. Man.....that's messed up.
Well, that was worth reading!

Thanks for the thought gunplumber.

·
Banned
47 Posts
Well.......your welcome. Being a dealer, I once took a copy of my lic to WallyWorld stupidly thinking they were aware of the regulations; yeah......right. After taking longer that it would to fill out the form, I explained the matter to the mgr only to be informed that WalMart has it's own rules they have to comply with as well as Fed and State laws. So I just go in and do the paperwork and let them run the check. Dep on the cal, take-off bbls bring 50-75.00 and I sell the stocks, (plastic) for 45.00. It helps a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts