Shooters Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
VTI Gun Parts
* Armi San Marco* -* Almost complete catalog available - check here for your model listing!
* Armi Sport [Chiappa] - Check for most Sharp replica rifles parts; 1892 rifle & 1892 Take-down parts here .

Lodgwood Mfg. Co
* This company carries too many orphans to list here: However, when using this site care must be taken not to limit your search. You can search here .

Taylor's & Co.
* *This company has a large listing of parts for almost all Uberti and Pietta manufactured firearms (from flint, percussion and cartridge,) as well as the Armi Sport/ Chiappa orphans. You can search their offerings here.

Winchester Sutler

* *This company offers quite a few number of parts for the recently orphaned EuroArms firearms (such as the Rogers & Spencer revolvers). You owe it to yourself to get your spares while you can if you own any of the firearms listed here .

S & S Firearms
This company offers some pulled original parts as well as modern reproduction parts for several old original and new reproduction firearms.

Antique Gun List
Yeah, I know: It's a gun auction site - but if you scroll down the left panel you'll see that they also offer original parts "pulled" from bricks, so yeah they offer some hard to get parts. So, if that's what you need, here it be.

Joe Salter

This guy has a staggering amount of obsolete and orphaned parts for about anything you can think of made prior to the '50's.

Two Wright Arms
If they don't have it, they know where they can get it!

Numrich Arms
This place has a almost encyclopaedic parts listing.

Buffalo Arms
This place occasionally has some odd parts worth taking a look at.

·
Registered
68 Posts
RE; xtratoy's list
I've tried the aforementioned list and I would like to know if anyone knows other good source(s) for obsolete, old, antique gun parts. I'm in need of the following.
Early .32 Smith & Wesson top break 5 shot revolver cylinder lock with spring; and hammer stud.
Rear sight for 1893 Marlin SRC lever action carbine.
Bolt parts, trigger guard, and barrel band for 1871 Mauser 11mm carbine.
Stock for Lefever S x S side plate 12 guage.
Regards,
DeadwoodPete

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,874 Posts
You are post #23 on this thread. Check out the listings in post #21 above for other sites. Click on the words highlighted in blue.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
"Dixie Gun Works"

When I worked in the retail firearm industry we would send folks to them for obsolete parts, and even if they didn't have it, they would make the part.

SMOA

·
Registered
68 Posts
Old gun parts

I've exhausted the list provided where can I go next? I need a cylinder lock with spring and a hammer pivot stud for an early Smith & Wesson .32 cal. top-break 5 shot revolver.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Many older fire arms and/or named manufacturers have one or more dedicated collector clubs/forums.

Often, those members have some hard to find parts they will sell, same as on this forum. This works better for me than "the usual places" where I usually see "out of stock" for every part I'm looking for.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Interarms in Houston also has a lot of old military parts, as well as for civilian Hi-Standard, Universal, and the more popular brand civilian & military arms. He's bought out the parts inventories of several out of business brands.

·
Premium Member
14,344 Posts
Interarms in Houston also has a lot of old military parts, as well as for civilian Hi-Standard, Universal, and the more popular brand civilian & military arms. He's bought out the parts inventories of several out of business brands.
Oddly, just yesterday I was looking for HS derringer parts and found that site. It's confusing at first because several old names are suddenly on the same page!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Don't get discouraged if you call Lee's Gun Parts and get no answer. He is only open on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. He packs on Friday's and attends gun shows on the weekend. Could someone modify his listing as such. powdr

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I make my own parts by hand. Last was a broken link in an original WW lever gun.
I also have a book with old parts and dimensions. I make my own springs too. I make longer transfer bars for my Ruger types to get a lighter trigger.
Screws can be a problem with odd TPI. A hunk of tool steel, files and hacksaw will fix anything. I make my own cherries for bullet molds. Near $300 to buy one. I buy 3' oil hardening rod for $5, need 3" per cherry. I can harden without a warp, then temper.
A true smith can make anything. I was 12 when I made my own sinker and jig molds.
Don't fool with air hardening steel or titanium. I made arrow rests from titanium and as you thread it gets harder. Stuff gets harder with any heat.
I can make anything, had a double shotgun missing the forearm and metal. Made the metal and wood to fit. Could not find parts. Gun Parts only has parts from buying old guns and a few new productions. When they are gone you are out of luck. Get metal and make it.
Many of you know and Jack is a great smith but I bet I have made more parts by hand. I have made mainsprings and frizzen springs for flint locks by hand that have never failed.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts