Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the right model Harris Bipod for Tikka T3. Will be primarily using the rifle for coyote hunting with an electronic call.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I use two Harris bipods for coyote/varmint shooting. They are of two different adjustable lengths. One is used when I am in the prone position the other is when I am sitting. I even use a shooting stick in some situations. So, it depends how you set up. I would have to check on the model #s.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I bought the Caldwell 13-27 Swivel unit for my granddaughters T3 Lite 243 and have absolutely no complaints. About the only difference I see between it and the Harris, is the Calwell is cheaper. She's is sitting because she is still not steady enough for long shots at a neel or standing.

As mentioned though, that's mainly for sitting. Too short for anything higher and too tall for prone. I use a shooting stick I made because I neel and stand mostly. Might want to look at something like these. http://www.opticsplanet.com/s/shooting+sticks/

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help. I have mainly bird hunted my whole life, along with occassional deer, rabbit, etc. I've been seeing more and more yotes in my area and have decided to start thinning them out a little.

·
Registered
11,967 Posts
I've pretty much given up on bipods. Been using shooting sticks for the last several years. Sticks are quieter, set up faster, you can change position faster and rifle cant isn't a problem. They seem to work for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts