Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just inherited a Remington model 760 Gamemaster 30-06 from my wife's granddad. The mag latch was broken, as this is one of only 2 or 3 plastic parts on the entire gun. I went to Numrich and see listings for about 10 different sizes/styles of mag latch (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, old and new syles). How can I tell which is the right one for my gun? Are there year models that used specific ones determined by serial numbers? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and God Bless, Ryan

·
Registered
429 Posts
I would call Remington and Numrich's tech dept for help. I have run across this little problem for my 742. Here is link to a page of gun parts for sale. About the middle of the page is a picture of an "old style" latch for a 742.

http://www.gunpartsales.com/Items.htm?Page=12

I am pretty sure that the 760 and 742 used the same parts for their trigger blocks. Anyway it might give you an idea of what style you have.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Saw this little tidbit that may offer you an alternative to pricey discontinued parts...

Magazine latches for the model 760 are obsolete, but the 7600 versions will fit IF you also use the new rat trap spring.
+1 on this recommendation. I have an old 760 and I broke the magazine latch when struggling with a new 7600 magazine.

BTW...if you need a new magazine, look for an old one. The 7600 mags don't fit right...too big.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I contacted Numrich and they were no help, said that a gunsmith would know which one I needed.

Leverite, which one did you use? All of the ones on Numrich have a number designation in addittion to "old" or "new." Did you run into this, or is there really not much difference?

Thanks and God Bless, Ryan

·
Registered
614 Posts
There's really not a lot of difference , they will all work with a little tuning . Sometimes you will be limited to three rounds if the clip fits too tight on top .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts