Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a .450, and figured it might end up staying in the gun cabinet, and just be nice to say I have one. I have however been having a ball with it. It shoots wonderful. My buddy has another hunting partner who has the gun in the 45-70, and he says the recoil is pretty stiff. As everyone has said they are about balistically equal. The suprise came when we started putting the first factory loads through it. I found the recoil to be suprisingly light, then my buddy shot it and said the same thing. He says I have to shoot the 45-70 his other buddy has and see the difference my self. The 45-70 is a marlin also but not ported. The ported barrel keeps the gun from climbing and I think it's great. I bought enough brass to last a lifetime, and started working up loads. I have a cast bullet load with a 405 gr cast bullet and 16.5 grains of unique, that hardly recoils at all, and like I said, have been plinking rabbits and coyotes to prepare for big game. I want to Chrono the load to see what velocity I'm getting but I am having fun. My buddy talked me into scoping it, with a 1.5-5 power simmons whitetail classic, really helps in the dark timber. enjoy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.