Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do some shotshell reloading for my hunting and doing some clays in the backyard. I use a 12 gauge. Katie uses a 16 gauge. I am thinking about buy either a MEC 600 Jr MK5 or go cheap and buy a Lee Load all II for her shells. She shots maybe 400 shells a year and at current prices that can be expensive.

So would the Lee work well for me, or should I get the MEC? I do have different shot bars and powder bushings for my MEC, they interchange easily.

Jerry

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Read the reviews on Midway USA or Cabelas and you will see that for around $40.00 the Lee Precision Load All is worth every penny. If you have the $$$ get the MEC. The reviews from actual owners should answer your questions. I have a Load All and it works for me and I'll stick with it. I will at some point get an MEC resizer for about $90.00.

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the recommendation. I do have the money for the MEC, so is probably the way I will go.

Jerry

·
Super Moderator
3,826 Posts
Another vote for MEC

I prefer the MEC SizeMaster that resizes the base and the rim. The MEC SuperSizer is already built into the press. Sometimes used MEC reloaders show up at gun shops and sell for a fraction of the cost of a new one. All the best...
Gil

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Hey Jerry,
A Lee man I am at heart, that's no secret. A MEC is for me when I start shooting competitively.

Back in about '78 or '79, my wife (girlfriend then) bought a Lee Loadall for me. THat little press reloaded, literally, several thousands of rounds of 12ga shells before I broke it during a household move. I bought another one, I think it was about $25 or so, and still have it.....somewhere in storage, I;'m sure.

Even IF my first thought was to buy a MEC, I wouldn;t be reloading shotgun shells without a little Lee Loadall on the bench. This time I'd have the primer feed, though.

·
Registered
11,934 Posts
I don't do a bunch of shotgunning but had the MEC600JR for years and been very happy with it. I only reload for 12 gauge and have the 3 inch tooling also. I've been 1/2 heartly looking at a 20 guage reloader and seen that MEC's used go pretty cheap on ebay.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I too started with the Lee Load all. Still use it for 3 inch 12 gage. For my production 12 gage press I really like the MEC Grabber. For all of the other gages I have the Sizemasters. You can load some wicked custom 10 gage on that Sizemaster.

For 400 rounds a year the Lee Load all will work great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts