Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to a gun show this weekend so I'll be on the look out for a receiver sight for my 30-30 Leveraction.  Its a Ted Williams M100 (same as a Win 94).  Any suggestions?

·
Beartooth Regular
2,146 Posts
Ravenwolf,
     I have a Williams 5-D on one rifle and a Lyman 66 on another and I highly prefer the Lyman. Easier adjustment and the ability to reference your zero setting and come back to it are the main reasons. Williams makes a Fool Proof sight which is similar to the Lyman 66, but I've never used it.
     One point; make sure your rifle is drilled and tapped for a receiver sight, as not all of them are. If not, it's a simple operation for a gunsmith.
       Hope you find one, they are really great!  ID

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ravenwolf,
Be aware that the newer lymans are like the williams in that they are currently made of an aluminum alloy. Sometimes i come across the older steel versions of the lyman, which i find more,o how can i say, quality! (the steel versions are a bit pricey, at least in my area) Apeture sights and lever guns go hand in hand, like frogs in a pond!
Scott

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies everyone.  Well I ended up getting an all steel Redfield model.  I had all three types side by side.  All three were comparable so price was the factor.  I'll try it out and see....Thanks again.  Now to find a tang sight for my Savage 99F 308 with tip off scope mounts.  The Lyman hunting peep/tang sight I have won't work in conjuntion with the tip offs as the peep adjustments are on the same side as the tip off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts