Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing some searches and need some help piking up a scope for the CVA Accura I am picking up soon. From what I gather, I would be fine with a shotgun scope. Is this true. Something somwhere in between the Cabela's Pine Ridge and Bushnell DOA / Nikon Omega. I don't know much about scopes, but here is what I am looking for based on my limited knowledge...
-Price $100-150
-Silver or camo finish
-I don't necessarily need a 9x scope, so maybe 7x for 100-150 yard shot max
-reasonably light yet well built
- good low light visibility for dusk-dawn

What should I be looking at? I was looking at the Nikon Prostaff. Any good?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I shoot the Nikon Pro Staff 2-7x32mm and consider them one of the best scopes for the money. Very clear, great eye relief, and a life time warranty. I have them on three different rifles and would have made that four, but I got a great deal on a Nikon Omega so when that route for the last one.

·
Banned
35 Posts
I have a Nikon Omega with BDC on my Accura and love it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Im going through the same situation. Im torn between a regular Nikon prostaff and the new Bushnell trophy xlt with a mil dot reticle. I dont shoot 150 grains of powder out of my Omega so the Nikon Omega and other muzzleloader reticles wouldnt work quite right for my gun. With the mildot I could practice a little at the range and determine my exact hold over and use the dots as reference points or with the regular nikoplex reticle on the nikon I could just guesstimate the hold over on the longer shots. Both scopes have a lifetime warranty and are both waterproof so its a tough decision.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nikon 2x7 prostaff works great for me. If I remember correctly they cost 139.00 at bass pro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts