Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question that is tearing me up inside, should i buy a Beretta 96 or an Ak47 type firearm? Which is more logical and because i am so indesicive, i need all of you to tell me what to get. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well 1st we need to know a little more. What guns do you already own? Do you hunt? What do you plan to do with it. Shoot paper? Assuming you are just buying to play with I would suggest the AK as it would probably a lot more fun and 7.62x39 ammo is dirt cheap.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

ducktapehero said:
Well 1st we need to know a little more. What guns do you already own? Do you hunt? What do you plan to do with it. Shoot paper? Assuming you are just buying to play with I would suggest the AK as it would probably a lot more fun and 7.62x39 ammo is dirt cheap.
Well, i currently have a Smith and Wesson .38. i do not hunt and either gun would be just for the fun of shooting and of course homeland security. I see how the Ak would be more fun to shoot. But i am worried about how poorly made they are and if it will last me without too many problems.

·
Banned
555 Posts
Wardpiper, I have a Romanian AK-47. It is very fun to shoot, easy to find ammo for, it has served as a hunting carbine, And does a very god job on deer out to about 200 yards. after that accuracy falls off, and the energy is about the same as a 30/30, which I do not beleive should be shot beyond 200 yards at unwounded game.
Other than throwing it off a highrise, I don't think you could hurt one. I hunted one time with a guy whose Ak was rusted from end to end, it did not hurt it one bit. And there has been alot of deer killed with it.
This also makes one heck of a good HDC, homeland defense carbine.

Halfbreed

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Ward,
You'll have more fun with an AK most likely, since you already have a handgun that is about the same power level as whay you're looking at. If you want a really nice AK you can have one built on a machined receiver. Check out this version, it's called a Krinkov. You can have it built in either of the soviet calibers or the .223. You can register it as a short barrel rifle for $5, if your state allows it, or you can have a permanent fake silencer installed. Either way, these are by far the coolest AK you can own. http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/NFA/Items/KalashnikovAK74.html

You will have to purchase a parts kit and have it installed on a US reciever by a professional, read that liscensed, shop or person for it to be legal. Quite a bit more expensive than a regular AK, but I can almost gaurantee no one you know has one of these.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Nice gun kcih, but if I had $10,750 to spend on a gun it wouldn't be an AK. My AK cost $300 and works fine. Lots of noise,cheap ammo and won't quit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another type of AK that I have heard good things about is the VEPR. They're a little more expensive and heavy but from what I have heard they're built like a tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts