Shooters Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
I already owned a super accurate 22 Target Rifle which had longsince been discontinued, but my son needed his own gun. So I got him a Marlin 981T which is both drilled and tapped for target blocks, plus it is also grooved for tip-off mounts. I have never in my life came across a 22 Production rifle as extremely accurate as his is. In my family we own Sabatti's, Anchutz,Winchester, H&R, Walther, and others, but this one shoots right there with the rest of them. Amazing! To put a peepsite on a grooved reciever, Brownells has a Peep that fits the groove.

Another vote for the CZ here. I have the 452 Lux in 22 WMR and I love it. It shoots remington tipped 33gr accutips into sub-MOA groups at 100yds. They are pricey, but they group better than my CCI's. It's a great rifle.

I know this is an old thread but a subject I love. Peep sights on a nice .22 rifle. The CZ 452 Lux is nice for iron sights with it's long barrel and it was not too hard to mount a Lyman target peep. The front sight will not be tall enough anymore so I soldered up a new blade.

You can see where a small bit of wood had to be removed for the rear sight mount. An aperture front sight would have been the perfect match for shooting targets but I couldn't think of a simple clean way to mount it. Also have a Savage Mk II FVT which has a few small issues but when it (and my eyes) is on, it is phenominal.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.