Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Walmart today for some shopping, I got one of those cartons of #8 shot shells and a 15 pack of sjugs.

These are staples on my farm, so I get them without sales tax. The lady at the check out couldn't get the box of slugs to scan, then she typed in the UPC code and it came up a request for birth date. Then after she tried to tell the computer that it was tax exempt, it wouldn't take the number on the card that Walmart gave me. I told her to not worry about the tax exemption. I thought it rang up because she put it in the bag.

Then when I got home, I went over the receipt and the box of slugs was not on the receipt, I called the store and the CSR thanked me for being honest and told me not to worry about that box of slugs.

This is amazing that something that is about $9, they just gave it away. This company is doing extremely well, but that is really being generous.

Jerry

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
They fire their cashiers if they don't meet a certain IPH or items per hour scanned, so the cashier was likely trying to save her job and just gave up trying to scan it. I used to unload their trucks for a year in college, we were down three guys on our unload team and a manager came back and threatened to fire us all because we were taking too long with only half our crew. I told her "good luck" when she was walking out. She wasn't thrilled and wrote me up.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Nice score!

While I would love to believe that they were being generous, the CSR that you talked to could probably care less, let alone want to do the paperwork or answer to his/her boss about why it happened in the first place.

Maybe I'm just jaded, but its seems like apathy is running rampant in the big box stores...

Meanwhile, I love those ValuePacks of Remington slugs, whenever they have them, I buy a box each of 12 and 20. With the 100 packs of target loads, I was doing a lot of Remington until they jacked the prices up, now I'm between Win and federal, still can't beat $19/case...

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
here in n.c. ive run in to that several times.i hate to cost somebody thier job.. but don t want to be a party to theft..they think they are slyly helping me.. but in reality if i catch it,, they are making me a thief..
last thing i purposely stole was a candy bar,at a little store in waxhaw n.c... dad figured out what id done an took me back to the store to return the candy bar..mr. hudson [store owner] just looked dn an said, i didn t see him take it ,to my dad..i had shamed my dad,but he knew how to handle it.. it was good medicine for the 7 yr. old.. i never forgot it.. slim:)
ps i had to do the same,, for one of my children.. like i said ..good medicine,nip the problem in the bud ,as ole barney fife use to say..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts