Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been cleaning my CVA inline for over ten years and have never see a white reside on the breach plug. Why now? What is it?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
The only time I ever saw that was when I was shooting Pinnacle or APP powder. When you see it in the breech plug.. could that be blow back past the plug? Might be time for a new plug.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you changed powders, solvents, lubricants, or any such item?
No, I haven't changed a thing. The only thing I thought about is the day before I shot the rifle the weather conditions were wet and cold. Lots of snow and freezing rain. Condensation? Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only time I ever saw that was when I was shooting Pinnacle or APP powder. When you see it in the breech plug.. could that be blow back past the plug? Might be time for a new plug.
The white stuff was only on the front surface. I don't think blow back is a factor. The residue cleaned up real easy. Thanks

·
Registered
943 Posts
I've had it on mine too, I think its just cleaner more complete firing on the powder. It cleaned up real easy on mine too. I hope to be shooting again soon, just to have some fun. I'll try and remember to post here if I see it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts