Shooters Forum banner

Whitney Wolverine

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Snowman 
#1 ·
Hello folks, Just aquired a .22 caliber semi-auto pistol. It is a Whitney Firearms Inc. model Wolverine. manufactured sometime between 1955 and 1962 by the Whitney Firearms Company in Hartford Connecticut. I would appreciate it if anyone has any information about this firearm they would be willing to share with me.

#3 ·
Hello Jack, sorry I took so long to get back to ya. I can see why you drooled over this gun, It's a beauty. Had a Chance to get out to the range yesterday with it. Shoots lovely, no recoil to speak of and extremly well balanced. First 5 shoots were grouped in 2inch @ 25 yards. I did not think I could shoot that well it must be the gun.
Thank you for the link. The most information I have to date. The only thing I still do not understand is the apparent lack of a slide lock on this gun. It either has been removed or was never there. The shop I bought it at did not know much about it as they were just unloading it on consignment for some one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.