Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's a 50 bmg .Im looking for a smith who can make a rifle like this in 408.50 or .577 caliber .I like the whole long skinny light wheight look it has.

i rather have one built to look like this but dont know how it would work maybe weld the stock to the back of the reciever .Now you cant buy the ptrd 41 but i want a gun built close to this simple design as possible .it's my dream gun or well design anywa y .Any help or recommended rifle builders etc would be great help guys

·
Banned
502 Posts
The question is how much money do you have? What you are requesting can very expensive and gun builders would have to put a lot of time in to even working up a quote for you. Remember time is money to those folks.

Jerry

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heres a detail of the internals now it wouldnt have to have this probably be to complex to build but i thought id include it anyway

.And this is a close up of the action any ideas on how to recreate this look
i thought about doing the whole ar-15 upper with a lower without the magazine well but it's not quite what i wanted and i dont like the hand guards on the barrels etc

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im thinking a BAT 50 action 2300$ then a barrel probably 700$ + then a tube machined out to be the stock then welded to the receiver than a oval steel plate cut out for the butt pad to mount to then of course larbour cost $$$

·
Banned
502 Posts
For what taking parts and putting them togetehr is going to cost, why not buy some thing that is already build and has an accuracy record?

If this is being built by some one other than yourself, that person has to have a "license to manfacture" from the BATF and you will pay dearly for labot. If the receiver is already built and has a valid serial number, the cost will be less, but good labor isn't cheap.

Handing a gun maker a set of drawing is really nice, but that maker would have to translate those drawing into some that is useful in a machine shop. I have a lot of people wanting me to make something for them that sent me drawing that were done with some computer artistic graphics program with no specs, or realistic details. If what you want isn't done up in something like AutoCad, the drawings don't have a lot of meaning to a guy who has to machine the parts.

The question again is a simple, how much money do you have? A gun maker will want at least half up front and there are no guanratees on how accurate the rifle will be.

I am not trying to discourage you, but you can save yourself a lot of frustrations by doing some good engineering and leg work before hand.

Jerry

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4k or so 4000$.basically i dont need a builder for the whole rifle.barrelded action being already there.but the tubular stock mounted to the back bottom portion of the receiver i need help with

·
Registered
409 Posts
Jerry is correct. You are wasting your money trying to re-engineer something that is already engineered and has the accuracy, the name and a warranty. I mean it's your money and maybe you have a bunch. In that case, go for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.