Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Yes Jiri,  By the way, welcome to the board!

Hamilton Bowen is making them if you supply the .357 Maximum Ruger Frame!  He does very nice work, and is top drawer all the way!

Also take a look at David Clements.  His work is superb, his turn around time good, and his pricing structure reasonable.   He's done work for me in the past and it has been first rate in every sense of the word!

Here are links to both:

Bowen Classic Arms
Clements Custom Guns

Either maker will provide you a maximum!

Thinking of getting a big boomer built?  Sounds like fun!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
49 Posts
Jiri,
In doing some research on building a custom revolver I came across Phillips and Rogers at www.phillipsrogers.com They do extended frame guns even including the .450 Marlin!

·
Banned
130 Posts
JIRI, START YOUR WRIST THERAPY THE DAY YOU ORDER THE MAXIMUM.  hehehe.   I WILL STICK WITH THE 1.400 LENGTH LINEBAUGH CARTRIDGES.  THE 440s @ 1350+ ARE ATTENTION GETTERS. ALL I CARE TO HANG ON TO. SOUNDS INTERSTING, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT. I WAS GOING TO GET A CUSTOM BUILT BUT NOW IM IN THE MARKET FOR ANOTHER FA REVOLVER.   JIM.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Getting the long huh?

Well I know that Gary Reeder does offer it and I think that Alpha Precesion does too.
However, I have a friend who is looking into building a 500 Long and Bowen told him that they don't offer the 475 or 500 anymore.  But they will build him the 458 Behemoth or the 45 5-shot.
I shot a 475 Max with 350 gr Golden Bears clocked at just under 2000fps.  And I honestly couldn't tell the difference in it and either a hot 475 or 500.  Although the 500 tends to push more than the 475.

Well good luck either way,
God Bless

1 - 6 of 6 Posts