Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kahr CW9 that I'm really happy with, except they design the sights for target cover instead of a 6 o'clock hold which I prefer. I was wondering if any of you knew who makes these rear sights or something similar to get the aim I want.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, no one knows that one...

How about this one: What's the average cost of having the slide machined to use a dovetail front sight?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Brownells listed a couple of replacement sights for the Kahr. Measure the dovetail and you should be able to find a match from sights for another pistol brand.

Machine shops will usually charge for a minimum of one hour's work so anywhere from about $65 to maybe $125.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We called Kahr. They said that is the way they design them and if we didn't like it we'd have to buy aftermarket sights. I'm looking more towards having the slide machined and getting a set of the tritium sights. I like the XS 24/7 Express night sights.

Does anyone know which dovetail Kahr uses? I measured the top of the dovetail even with the top of the slide and came up ~.250". Is that the 1/4" 60* cut they list on the XS website?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts