Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to garner interest to get one of the big distributors to have Smith make a run of .357 N frames that would be the Mountain Revolver configuration, only in an 8 shot .357. Those who would buy one, please hold up your hand. :D

I have a photo of one, but I don't know how to post photos on a website. If you want, I can provide a link to the photo on the S&W Forum.

Thanks,
Neal

·
Registered
77 Posts
In my opinion, 7-shot cylinder, but at least .125" longer, would be much better choice. This will allow even some 200 gr. rifle bullets to be seated and crimped in crimping groove, without reducing powder space. It's ironic that the weakest of S&W revolvers, M19/M66 have the longest cylinders, and M27/M627 have among the shortest on the market, shorter than Ruger GP100. And probably the most important feature of 7-shot version would be couple times (at least) stronger cylinder because bolt notch will be between chambers, not on the thinnest area right on the top/bottom of the chamber. Regarding barrel lengths and configuration, M627 should be available in same graceful configuration as M27 and available with 8-3/8" barrel. There are plenty of M27-s in my area with barrels 5"-6.5", but 8-3/8" are gone in matter of hours. And if S&W engineers are brave and courageous enough to push for new front locking system on al N-frame revolvers similar to one on 500 (existing front lock is more for decoration than for purpose), I'll be among the first to put deposit down; even if that means 50-100 bucks more than for old design. Regards!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts