Shooters Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I've had the same situation. Shooting tame birds is not particularly "sporting" and if you're just "makin' meat", consider that for the price of a turkey license you could buy a big fat "Butterball" and have much better eating. Of course if you don't buy a license, well -------.

·
Registered
130 Posts
A familiar dilemma,... I have deer coming in every night for water at the horse pasture trough, cottontail living in my wood/brush pile in the back yard along with a covey of quail, dove a-plenty nesting in our cultivated pine trees out here in the middle of the high dessert, jacks that I would have to be VERY HUNGRY before even considering,... but,... we raise our own goat/beef/lamb and pig, so, I just sit back and enjoy the critters for their entertainment factor.

All the best to you, on making your decision...:whistle:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm on 160 acres here. No close neighbors. They seem to really like the gravel drive entrance. Why I don't know.
The birds might be using the gravel in their gizzards. You're are lucky. When I lived in the wooded suburbs of central Mass., state of confusion, I would oftern have to wait for flocks of these tasty birds to cross the road. They would strut safe in the knowledge that they were within 500 feet of a building of some sort, and could not be hunted. Some would even terrorize neighborhoods, chasing anyone attempting to enjoy their own yards.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts