Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot 6 rounds of trap last night with my Winchester 1300.

I cleaned it before I left. I experienced no problems with it at the range. I took it apart this morning to clean it again and I had some extra parts!

One of the action arms came un-welded from the slide tube. It appears that it was spot welded originally.

I started a search to see if I could find a replacement, but have come up short.

Numrich, MGW and Brownells are all sold out.

Its for a 1300 12ga with the 6.25" tube and is the same part as found on the Win 1200, if anyone can help me out.

I haven't called my gunsmith yet, as I would rather put a new part on it, but we'll see if he might be able to fix it...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Your gunsmith should be able to fix her up for less than the cost of parts and shipping (if or when you find them). That would be the route i would take.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Remember...

The 1200/1300 slide arm assembly is the same for the 12, 16 or 20 gauge - this would be helpful should you go the used replacement part route.

·
Registered
926 Posts
If your smith fix's the slide he will silver solder the two pieces together. That bond will be much stronger than the original weld.

One last thought you could take it to a welder ( a good ( A real good) welder)) and have the two parts heli-arc'd back into place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts