Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 30-06 has developed a crack in the stock running forward on the left hand side, top of stock running the length of the action. i am gonna order another stock but would like maybe to change a few other things barrel, caliber. would this be worth the effort being its just a 670? i love the gun. since i bought my 300 my wife has really been pushing me to sell it but i just cant do it. im really thinkin 25-06 with a heavier barrel so i could pop yotes, deer, and when kids get older good first deer rifle. what other calibers would be an option on both ends of spectrum.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know it could buy one cheaper. i just want a rifle the way i want it. not the way rem, win, ruger thought id like it. as far as the heavy barrel baby 06 thats what i started with it was an old ruger with the 2 position safety and was heavy but shot great, kicked little, and was deadly on deer. im really liking the sound of the 35 whelin i have read a lotta good things on it but already have 300 mag. if i go heavy barrel im going laminated if normal profile walnut by all means.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.