Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered an old Winchester O/U shotgun model 101. The gun is in good conditions and it was made in Japan. Were these guns made under similar quality standards as the current ones made in Belgium? Any information you may provide will be of help.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts

Belgian 101's ? ? :eek: That's the first I heard of those. :confused:

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
"Winchester Rifles And Shotguns Introduces The Select 101

MORGAN, UTAH— Remember the Winchester Model 101? Aficionados of fine firearms know it well. In 2007, Winchester Rifles and Shotguns will introduce the Select 101. The styling and handling are legendary, the reliability never in question. Now, after a long hiatus, this sought after wonderwork has been equaled. Some may say it is even better than before. With .742 back-bored barrels, high-gloss walnut stock and forearm and detailed Model 101 styling, this Belgian made beauty is sure to fill the ticket of those who appreciate great craftsmanship in a fine handling, classically inspired over/under shotgun."

Winchester 12/2006

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Miroku (Japanese Brownings) give up nothing in quality to anyone. They are top notch in every respect. That being said, I had a Japanese 101 and it was the worst fitting gun I ever owned. Everyone who I ever met who owned one complained about getting hit on the cheek bone from shooting it. The drop and pitch of the stock were designed by a non shooter or someone who hated guns. I had a later 725 Sporting Clays and it was the best fitting shotgun I ever owned...made by the same company. Go figure.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Please note the Winchester 101's made in Japan were manufactured by Olin Kodensha Co. LTD. They also made the Nikko O/U a much nicer gun.

The Browning O/U's made in Japan were made by B.C. Miroku

Two different company's

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
"Winchester Rifles And Shotguns Introduces The Select 101

MORGAN, UTAH— Remember the Winchester Model 101? Aficionados of fine firearms know it well. In 2007, Winchester Rifles and Shotguns will introduce the Select 101. The styling and handling are legendary, the reliability never in question. Now, after a long hiatus, this sought after wonderwork has been equaled. Some may say it is even better than before. With .742 back-bored barrels, high-gloss walnut stock and forearm and detailed Model 101 styling, this Belgian made beauty is sure to fill the ticket of those who appreciate great craftsmanship in a fine handling, classically inspired over/under shotgun."

Winchester 12/2006

It looks like I've been asleep at the switch........:eek: . :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi to all
Dave Nixon here in uk just bought a 101 Winchester very pleased with it
its a 26"barell skeet and skeet
I was looking to find the age of the gun serial number K384815 but cannot find any information at all
if anyone can help it would be much appreciated
best regards Dave

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have a Winchester 101 Diamond Grade Trap, made in Japan. Together, we have won some pretty big time shoots over the years, including more than one state championship. It has never, I repeat, never failed mechanically (the operator has). I believe all 101's are made the same, so my up-graded Diamond-grade is immaterial, except for appearances. You didn't indicate an asking price, but don't shy away because it is made in Japan (which I must admit, I normally abhor). My gun is currently for sale, and I wouldn't consider less than $1500. You said nothing about grade or condition, but if the price is decent, get it. Don't worry about "Made in Japan", shameful as it is. It's a quality gun!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts