Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been offered a Winchester 1894 octagon barrel 30wcf made in 1911 for a trade I have pictures and with the condition it is in I was wondering what the value on it would be. The guy offering told me $1500-1800 dollars but I wanted to confirm this before I made the trade.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts

Since I can discern no Special Order features in your pics, I would't put half that kind of money into it.

YMMV, of course.

Reactions: JBledsoe

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I couldn't pull up the pictures, but if its a nice gun with a good bore, blue wear at least 50% adn solid wood it should be worth an easy $1000 in trade...To be worth $1500 to $1800 it would have be near mint IMO...Its not a particularly rare gun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a Winchester 1894 .30 WCF from an LGS for $725. It was a Sporting Rifle with a 26" Octagon nickel steel barrel that had been extensively altered. Poor cold bluing job on the barrel. While the receiver looked great, it had two off set mounting holes for a scope. I filled those in with two screws that made it look like they were original and belonged there. The stock had several nicks and scratches as a rifle should have had of that age. Someday, I may re do the barrel. The stock was sanded down, filled and sealed in black. So I guess my lever is a black rifle. o_O Hopefully this will give you an idea for what your rifle might be worth...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.