Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
My Father pasted Last November and among the many firearms he left to me one was the 336sc 32 special. Two things first how do I find a cleaning manual for it and the 4x 32 scope is old and foggy. Any suggestions on a better scope?

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,355 Posts
Welcome. By the '336' in the title I think perhaps you have a Marlin model 336? I am going to move this post to our Marlin lever guns topic where you can get more help.

If it's not a Marlin, say so, and we'll find a home for your post. I expect you can call Marlin and get a manual with no trouble, they have been making the 336 for a long, long time.

·
Banned
817 Posts
Go to MarlinOwners.com and log in on the forums. The good folks on the 336 Forum will welcome you and answer all your Marlin questions. The 336 in .32 Win. Spec. is highly prized by many Marlin afficionados. You have a piece of history and an heirloom from your father, may he rest in peace.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello
My Father pasted Last November and among the many firearms he left to me one was the 336sc 32 special. Two things first how do I find a cleaning manual for it and the 4x 32 scope is old and foggy. Any suggestions on a better scope?
Hello,Sounds like you have a Marlin.The 336SC is the Sporting carbine which was made from 1950 to 1963 if memory serves me correctly.The serial number should be under the lever and start with a Letter which identifies the Production year.It would also have the 2/3 length mag tube.It likely lost some collector value being as it was fitted with a scope.My guess is you may keep it for sentimental value.The SC was made in 30-30,32 spl,35 rem and 219 zipper calibers during its run,but not all these calibers were produced during all the years.Most common are the 30-30 and 35 rem.If it was me re-scoping it, I would consider a 2x7x32 for it.40mm objectives look too large for the rifles in my opinion.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The Mod.36 was changed to the 336 (design changes); production began in 1948. The rifle was first chambered in .30 WCF. and .32 Spcl., it was not chambered for the .35 Remington until 1950. I've got one of each:).
Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.