Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all new guy here with a question. I have a Winchester model 37 .410 missing a forend/forearm and My question is, Can one from a model 37 12 gauge fit the .410 and is the forend hardware the same?

Thanks for any info you may have.
Monte

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
I can't recall working a 37 in either gauge, but I doubt it. Might be able to make the "reverse" happen?

I would think you would need to apply some filler material (at the least) to make your plan work.

Again, I have not worked a model 37.

Good luck to you and Iowaloha. Welcome to shooters forum.

Cheezywan

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I am assuming the hardware (metal parts) are missing as well as the wood so you would need a forend assembly which might be found at Gun Parts or Jack First. I am not certain on this but I think the 410 frame is smaller than the 12 ga frame so I doubt they would interchange but I only have a 20 so I cannot verify that. The barrel channel in the wood would certainly be different, as stated.

Good luck on your search. The 37 is a fine little single shot, especially in the 410.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think you would need to apply some filler material (at the least) to make your plan work.
The barrel channel in the wood would certainly be different, as stated.
Pretty much what I was thinking....:(

Thanks to everyone for the info, I'll check the sites mentioned and keep looking. I did see someone has two model 37 forends wood only no hardware on gunbrokers for $99.00 each starting bid....ridiculous:mad:

Thanks again,
Monte

1 - 5 of 5 Posts