Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw one today in a heavy barrel does anyone know anything about these? Seemed kind of interesting.

·
Registered
602 Posts
My Dad has a 325 WSM model 70 with the heavy barrel. It shoots well but is heavy for hauling around the mountains. I have a couple model 70's in 270 WSM...but not with the heavyweight barrel. I just love them. Can you be more specific about what you want to know?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Haven't put near enough through mine to know. I generally shoot Barnes bullets. My rifles are used for hunting...I probably only put an average of 10 rounds through them per year...just enough to confirm zero then slay a few animals. I'll get back to you in a couple hundred years!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bought a factory 270 Winchester from Walmart 4 yrs ago and couldn't hit the target at 50 yds. Gave it to a Benchrest gunsmith w/ a Hart # 5 barrel and the thing now shoots less than a 1/2" at 100yds. With the 150 BTSP Sierra bullet and 63 gr RE-22 I get 3100 fps w/ a 26" barrel. This gun is NOT for shooting at targets all day but for long range hunting.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Check out Weatherby's Sub-MOA chambered for the 270 WSM. Their not anymore then the new Winchester Model 70's that i've seen and in fact cheaper in most cases. They don't make the stainless version of the Sub-MOA anymore, but you can still find one if you wanted it at places like gun broker or guns america. I don't have a 270 WSM but would love one myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts