Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about trading for this rifle. It has the half octagon barrel/half round and half magazine. Model 94 in 38-55. I cannot find info on this rifle. Peep sight mounted on reciever. The barrel is stamped 1/1000. I hope this is enough info. I know a value is tough without a pic but its a really clean rifle. Any help would be great?

·
Banned
421 Posts
1 of 1000 must be some sort of commemorative. Is there any other type of markings on the gun? Regardless, if it's been fired and does not include the box, it's worth no more than a standard model 94.
Pictures would be a tremendous help!
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

As of now it has no collector value and future value is uncertain. Most commemorative Winchesters did not increase in value to any extent and are worth no more than similar standard models. Several commemorative models will not even bring original selling price some twenty to thirty years after issued. And yes, I lost money on some commemorative Winchesters, too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, all the people who bought commemeratives as an investment would have been better of to put their money into 1886 Winchesters, now there's an investment!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
[Peep sight mounted on reciever. The barrel is stamped 1/1000. I hope this is enough info. I know a value is tough without a pic but its a really clean rifle. Any help would be great?]

Post-64 Winchester 94's weren't issued with receiver peep sights, AFAIK - only a few models were issued with tang peep sights.

ILO a pic, why not give us the 1,000 words, so we can help you ?

What is the serial number ? ( XXX out the last few digits)
What is the barrel length ?
Is it an angle-eject (low RH receiver wall) or a top-eject (receiver walls of even height) model ?
Does it have a tang safety or a push-button safefty on the receiver ?
Is there any receiver decoration ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts