Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Winchester 94 Trapper model with saddle ring comes tapped for receiver sights the way Marlins are?

Also, how are they in terms of accuracy and reliability, particularly in 30-30?

Thanks!

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,465 Posts
stranger:
If you are talking about the side of the receiver, the answer is NO.  the top of the receiver is tapped and plugged fore and aft of the bolt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a newer .357 trapper and I love it. At first I was not opperating the lever with enough force (you know just popping it open enough to pull the case out by hand so I didn't lose it) this causes jams. After I figured it out I put many rounds through it with no trouble. With just about any weight or power of hand load I can keep the shots in a 2 inch circle at 100yds with the stock sights. The factory sights get a little fuzzy if you look at them to long so I would suggest an upgrade. I personally love the sights on my 10/22 so I might put some on that are similar.

·
Banned
738 Posts
Stranger,
The Angle Eject Mdl 94's are not drilled and tapped on the side of the reciever anymore.  
Williams makes a reciever sight that mounts using the scope mount holes on the top rear of the reciever.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
The 1894 Marlin is not drilled and tapped on the side anymore either. I have a new one. What is the new Willians that mounts on the top called?

·
Banned
738 Posts
Stranger,
The Williams part # for a 94 AE is: Fool Proof; FP-94SE

Chief RID,
The Williams part # for the newer Marlin's is:
Fool Proof; New FP-336

The 2002 catalog says these two sights use the scope mount holes at the rear of the reciever.

If it were up to me, I'd have my rifle drilled and tapped for a side mount reciever sight.
Altho I'm sure Williams did their homework, and these sights will work fine.  JMHO

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
The Williams sight works fine on the new Angle Eject M-94's.
The good thing about the Williams sight is that if you want a target knob for windage or elevation, or both, they are easy to install, and readily available from Brownells.

Lyman, unfortunatly has not chosen to make a reciever sight for the new angle ejects.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm going to put the WGRS-336 on my new 1894C. It doesn't have adjustment knobs, but it is more compact and won't spoil the lines of the rifle. The WGRS-336 also uses the (2) aft most scope mount holes.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
The Guide Reciever sight should be a nice neat package on the m-94. i did not know they would fit!

I have several on TC carbine barrels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts