Shooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an SRC Serial # 545796. Fired 12 rounds, and it functions fine. I took it apart and cleaned it and reassembled it. Now, I find the trigger seems to be loose. It has about a quarter inch play fore and aft. This is my first 94, and I don't know if it was this way before disassembly and I didn't notice. The play is there in any hammer position. Is this normal, or did I miss something in assembly. Thanks, Leon

·
Registered
281 Posts
Leon, while your gun preceeds my oldest model 94 by about a million copies, i believe the trigger always has that kind of slack. your gun is an early model. which cartridge?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Winchester 94 trigger

Thanks for responding, Birdshot. I believe this carbine was built around 1910. It fires a 32 Win Special.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Winchester 94 trigger

Thank You Sir. This is a great forum. I'm going to look around. Also have Remington Model 12. I will try to find some things about it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
--- Now, I find the trigger seems to be loose. It has about a quarter inch play fore and aft. This is my first 94, and I don't know if it was this way before disassembly and I didn't notice. The play is there in any hammer position. Is this normal, or did I miss something in assembly. Thanks, Leon
The trigger is as it should be.

Pete

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

It is NOT a QC issue. John Browning designed it that way. It's a safety feature to prevent accidental discharge during the cycling of the action. It also gives the uninformed something to worry about.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Winchester 94 trigger

I thought I knew EVERYTHING, but that trigger did have me worried. Wouldn't it be great if all life's problems were so trivial.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

Many people (shooters) worry about the "loose" trigger in lever guns, both Winchester and Marlin, because they don't understand the design. Once understood most lever gun owners are not even aware of the loose trigger any longer.

Enjoy the lever gun for what it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts